A few days ago I made a few major changes on my blog:
- installed the new engine of WordPress (2.3.1)
- installed a new theme – Yourblog 2.0 theme
- collected a few WordPress plugin from scratch
The engine change went OK. Once I updated the files, there was a imprefections in querying database, but clicking the suggested link on wp-admin page solved them all.
Currently, when I have some free time I browse plugins and themes – still can find something better/new. So far, I’ve installed the following plugins and I’m happy with them (the descriptions used there come from the home pages of that plugins):
- All in One SEO Pack – automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
- Google Code Prettify – this plugin using google-code-prettify to highlight source code in your posts.
- Google XML Sitemaps – this plugin will generate a sitemaps.org compatible sitemap of your WordPress blog which is supported by Ask.com, Google, MSN Search and YAHOO.
- Lightbox 2 – used to overlay images on the current page.
- pb-techTags – enhances the_tags() by adding a link to Technorati to each tag.
- SIOC Plugin – adds SIOC metadata export to WordPress blog.
- Slashdigglicious – add user-submission icons and links at the bottom of each post: Digg, del.icio.us, etc.
- SpamBam – a plugin that hopefully eliminates comment spam.
- wp-cache – very fast cache module. It’s composed of several modules, this plugin can configure and manage the whole system.
If you can recommend other plugins, don’t hesitate to do that – just describe them in a comment to that post. Cheers!