Tag Archive for 'visual studio'

Page 2 of 2

Could not access the result repository: Invalid object name ‘LoadTestRun’

When I ran a load test on my environment (Visual Studio TS 2008) for the first time I got the following error:

Error occurred running test. XXX could not access the result repository: Invalid object name ‘LoadTestRun’

Solution

The reason for that was I hadn’t had created a database schema for load tests. In order to do it I executed <VS location>\Common7\IDE\loadtestresultsrepository.sql which did all the job.

Please refer to msdn for more information.

Robust generation of XML documentation comments for C#

Writing comments is something you need to get used to; sooner or later you will understand it’s worth writing comments. Haven’t you find yourself in a sitation where you don’t understand what a couple of lines of YOUR OWN code do? I have…

XML documentation comments are also important, particularly for public members/methods. Even if your project doesn’t require generating full XML documentation of the code, using Intellisense can be much more effective if it summarizes the method you are trying to use. If you want to generate XML documentation for C# in the twinkling of an eye you MUST install Roland Weigelt’s GhostDoc plugin for Visual Studio. Let me cite the author:

Continue reading ‘Robust generation of XML documentation comments for C#’

The feature name XXX already exists in SharePoint. You need to rename the feature before solution deployment can succeed.

From time to time when I try to deploy a SharePoint project from Visual Studio 2005 I’m getting this error:

The feature name XXX* already exists in SharePoint. You need to rename the feature before solution deployment can succeed.

Solution
Whenever I get this (annoying) error I go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\ and remove the directory named XXX*. Sometimes then I need to restart Visual Studio or even log off and on again (on my Windows account).

17/102008
Sometimes restarting Visual Studio does the job.

* is the name of the module that should be deployed

 The feature name XXX already exists in SharePoint. You need to rename the feature before solution deployment can succeed.

Visual Studio: The language-neutral solution package was not found.

I’m getting this (and a few more, which maks me frustrated) error from time to time when I try to deploy a SharePoint project from Visual Studio 2005 (under Windows Server 2003 RC2)…

Solution:
Restart Visual Studio…