In this post I’ll describe how to deploy RDL files using Report Manager (more often
Note: This description applies to the situation where Microsoft SQL Server is used.
- Go to Report Manager
- Too keep all clean, you can create a folder in which you will keep all your reports
- Create the data source, if not yet existing, by selecting the New Data Source link.
- Specify Microsoft SQL Server as the Connection Type.
- Specify the database Connection String as follows:
data source=[Name of database server SQL Instance];initial catalog=[Name of database]
- Connect Using the Credentials stored securely in the report server and specify the user name and password used to connect to SQL Server instance installed in the database server.
- Upload the report by selecting the Upload File link and navigate to the RDL file stored in the system.
- Using Show Details view, edit the uploaded reports by selecting the Edit link.
- Under the Data source link, assign the previously created shared datasource as the source of data for the report.Note: The “Apply” button needs to be selected to apply the changes made for the report.